Friday, January 18, 2013

Things I've learned..

Happy Friday!!

Over my almost a year of being a Fitness Coach for Beachbody I have come across a lot of misunderstandings about health and fitness.. The first and most common.. Starving yourself to lose weight..


You need to eat food.. Especially when you are working out..
The average caloric intake recommended for men from age 19-30 is between 2,400 and 2,800. 31-50 2,200 to 2,600.
The average caloric intake recommended for women age 19-30 is between 2,000 and 2,400 calories daily. 31-50 are recommended 1,800 to 2,200 per day and women over 51 are recommended 1,600 to 2,200 daily.

These numbers vary because of your activity.. If you are very active (i.e. working out) go on the high end of the scale.. If you are not active then go on the low end of the scale. You can adjust these numbers by 200 calories either way to find what works for your body to lose or maintain weight. But never go below, 1,200 calories for women and 1,800 for men, as you can end up with deficiencies.


I was SHOCKED to say the least when I started working out and having problems with losing weight found that I was eating WAY below what I should have been calories wise. I couldn't believe how much food you actually need to be eating! The trick is eating the right calories.



I mean you can eat fried chicken and pie to your hearts content and get to your caloric intake for the day.. But you won't lose weight.. So what are the right calories? What should I be eating?

Veggies
Fruit
Whole Grains
Lean Proteins (Chicken, Fish, Lean Beef, Lean Pork, Sea Food)



Stay away from
White bread
Refined Sugars (in a LOT of food so keep an eye open)
Anything processed



If you look at it makes sense. :) And of course your portions make a different too. ;)



So with all that in mind I'm off to find dinner for my man and I! :) Happy eating! 


2 comments: